April is the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic, which occurred on April 15, 1912.
To mark the occasion, there has been a flood of books published about the famous tragedy as well as documentaries and reissues of movies, including a 3-D version of the blockbuster film of the same name.
Two-time winner Jenna Byers is going up against Lizzie Grant, who took time out of studying for finals to participate.
QUESTIONS1. Where was the Titanic built?
2. A first-class ticket was more than $2,000. What was the price of a third-class ticket?
3. The Titanic was about as long as what famous skyscraper?
4. What American financier owned the Titanic?
5. How many lifeboats did the Titanic have on board?
6. The ship struck the iceberg on the right side or, in nautical terms, the (blank) side.
7. The ship’s orchestra played during the sinking of the ship. What was their last song played?
8. How many dogs were among the rescued?
9. What was the name of the ship that came to the rescue of the survivors?
10. In what is now sadly ironic, the Titanic was often described as being what?
JENNA’S ANSWERS1. Ireland, I think, and so maybe Dublin?
2. $1003. Empire State Building
4. Rockefeller5. Well, clearly not enough, but I’ll say 40.
6. Starboard7. “Yankee Doodle Dandy”?
8. Oh, that kind of makes me sad. One?
9. The Coast Guard10. Unsinkable
LIZZIE’S ANSWERS1. Belfast2. $20
3. The Empire State Building4. Pretty sure it was J.P. Morgan.
5. 206. Starboard7. A hymn like “Amazing Grace.”
8. I think it was two.9. The Carpathia. Luckily, I just read about this.
10. Duh ... unsinkable.CONCLUSION
With more knowledge about the Titanic (or in this case the confession that’s she’s seen the movie more than 10 times), Lizzie takes the win over Jenna and becomes Head2Head’s newest champion.
CORRECT ANSWERS1. Belfast, Ireland
2. $403. Empire State Building
4. J.P. Morgan5. 206. Starboard
7. “Nearer My God to Thee”8. Two
9. Carpathia10. Unsinkable