NBA finals fan trivia flame
By Rebekah Bradford Special to The Post and Courier | Wednesday, June 20, 2012
We haven’t had any sports trivia in a while, and Head2Head loves sports trivia.
The NBA Finals could end this week if Miami, especially LeBron James, plays the way it has in games two and three, but we’re kind of hoping Oklahoma City pushes them to a seventh game.
Last week’s winner, John Evans, is being challenged by carpenter Kevin Miller.
1. What is the name of the NBA Finals trophy?
2. How many NBA Championships have the Boston Celtics won?
3. What team holds the record for the most points in a finals game?
4. How many times was Michael Jordan named finals MVP?
5. Which of the following teams has never made it to the finals: New Jersey Nets, Phoenix Suns or LA Clippers?
6. Who holds the NBA Finals record of 21 assists in a game?
7. What is Phil Jackson’s coaching record in the NBA Finals?
8. Who is the first player to be named MVP from the losing team?
9. What was the lowest seeded team to ever win the NBA Championship?
10. What year was Dwyane Wade the finals MVP?
1. No idea.
3. The Bulls
5. The Suns
6. Kobe Bryant
8. Magic Johnson
9. The Sixers
10. Last year.
1. The Larry O’Brien.
2. A lot. I think it’s 16.
3. Oh wow, I don’t know. Maybe the Lakers.
6. Magic or Byrd? Tough one, but I’ll go with Magic Johnson.
7. He’s at 11-2 for now. Unless he comes out of retirement.
8. Good question. I think it might be someone like Isaiah Thomas.
9. Denver Nuggets? Don’t really know.
Kevin proved too dominant in this week’s NBA finals Head2Head trivia. That means he’s our new trivia champ and will return in a week to defend his title.
1. Larry O’Brien Championship Trophy
3. Boston Celtics (157)
5. L.A. Clippers
6. Magic Johnson
8. Jerry West
9. Houston Rockets