If you haven’t had a chance to take advantage of Charleston Restaurant Week, you’ve still got time to do so, as it runs through Sunday. With more than 140 participating restaurants, there’s something for everyone.
Current champ Joel Young is being challenged by retired retail manager Ellen Foy.
1. Which participating restaurant is named for (the pirate) Blackbeard’s ship?
2. The restaurant at the Mills House Hotel is named after which Caribbean island?
3. Circa 1886 is located in what part of Wentworth Mansion?
4. What King Street restaurant is named after a type of apple?
5. Name one of two Sean Brock restaurants that are participating.
6. What’s the name of Charleston’s newest steakhouse?
7. Slightly North of Broad is also known as?
8. Which area Indian restaurant is participating in Restaurant Week?
9. Name the popular Italian restaurant in Avondale.
10. This restaurant is where the 2012 PGA Championship was held (think golf course, not just island).
1. The Wreck
2. It starts with a B ... Bahamas?
3. Former stables.
4. Must be the Macintosh.
6. Oak. Don’t know if it’s the newest.
8. Don’t know.
9. Is it Al Di La?
10. The one at the Ocean Course.
1. The one on Daniel Island, Queen Anne’s Revenge.
2. It’s called the Barbados Room.
3. Is dining room too obvious?
4. The Macintosh
6. Not sure. Hall’s maybe?
8. The West Ashley place. Nirlep, I think.
9. Love this place; Al Di La.
10. It’s at Kiawah. One of the restaurants at The Sanctuary maybe?
Joel’s reign as Head2Head champ was a short one as Ellen demonstrated a local’s knowledge of area restaurants. She’ll be back next week to defend her title.
1. Queen Anne’s Revenge
3. Carriage house
5. Husk and McCrady’s
6. Burwell’s Stone Fire Grill
9. Al Di La
10. Atlantic Room at the Ocean Course