Head2Head Trivia: Super Bowl questions score a touchdown
By Rebekah Bradford | Wednesday, January 30, 2013
This week, Head2Head was undecided about whether to have trivia on Groundhog Day, Black History Month or the Super Bowl. So many choices!
Sadly for Punxsutawney Phil, he got bounced this year in favor of the match-up between the Harbaugh brothers, otherwise known as Super Bowl XLVII. The Baltimore Ravens (and their head coach, John Harbaugh) will face off against the San Francisco 49ers (and their head coach, Jim Harbaugh).
Current trivia champ Chad Stevens is being challenged by Marie Benson, who works in the health care field.
QUESTIONS1. Who was the MVP of the first two Super Bowls?
2. Tied with the Pittsburgh Steelers, which team has appeared in the most Super Bowl games?
3. Which of the following teams has not won back-to-back Super Bowls: Kansas City Chiefs, New England Patriots or Miami Dolphins?
4. Name the kicker who holds records for most career attempts and field goals scored during Super Bowls.
5. Which of the following teams has a perfect Super Bowl record (so far): Baltimore Ravens, Pittsburgh Steelers or Green Bay Packers?
6. What player holds the record for most Super Bowl career touchdowns, including three in one game?
7. Which of the following teams has been to the Super Bowl four times but never won: Minnesota Vikings, Cincinnati Bengals or San Diego Chargers?
8. The lowest amount of points scored by a team during a Super Bowl was ...
9. Which team has won the most Super Bowls?
10. When was the last year the San Francisco 49ers won?
CHAD’S ANSWERS1. Not sure, man. My guess is Staubach.
2. The Cowboys
3. Kansas City
4. Could be Vinatieri.
5. (Laughs) Like the “so far” thrown in there. Baltimore.
6. Emmitt Smith
7. Pretty sure it’s Minnesota.
10. Don’t know for sure, but sometime in the ’90s.
MARIE’S ANSWERS1. Joe Namath
2. I’m thinking New England.
3. Kansas City?
4. I’m sorry. I can’t think of any kickers names.
5. Baltimore’s playing this year, right? I’ll say them.
6. I do not have an answer.
7. I’ve been to San Diego, so let’s go with them.
8. How many points for a field goal ... three?
9. Maybe Pittsburgh.
CONCLUSIONChad scores his second win and will return next week for another match-up, in which the topic will honor Black History Month, which starts Friday. See Dollar Days for more on Black History Month.
Groundhog Day is Saturday and the Super Bowl is Sunday.
CORRECT ANSWERS1. Bart Starr
2. Dallas Cowboys
3. Kansas City
4. Adam Vinatieri
5. Baltimore Ravens
6. Jerry Rice
7. Minnesota Vikings
9. Pittsburgh Steelers