For the second week in a row, we're continuing with movie-themed questions as we're in the height of the holiday film season.
And while this month has some highly anticipated films hitting theaters, perhaps nothing is more eagerly awaited than the second installment of Peter Jackson's "The Hobbit," which brings back Bilbo, Gandalf, a troop of dwarves, Legolas and other familiar characters.
While this week's theme was inspired by "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug," in theaters Friday, it's important to note that the questions this week are drawn from the book that inspired the film.
Current trivia champ Zach Conway, a student, is facing Janet Kearns, who works in retail.
1. What is the first line from the book "The Hobbit"?
2. What color is Bilbo's front door?
3. Who is the first dwarf to come see Bilbo at the beginning of "The Hobbit"?
4. How many dwarves go with Bilbo and Gandalf on the adventure?
5. What is the name of the creature Bilbo encounters in the goblin caves?
6. "Don't leave the path" is Gandalf's advice before Bilbo and the dwarves enter what forest?
7. What is Elrond's home called?
8. What kind of creature is Smaug?
9. What treasure does Bilbo steal from Smaug's lair that belongs to Thorin?
10. How many armies fight in the war at the end of the book?
1. Read the book, but it was a while ago.
2. It's green.
3. Thorin maybe?
6. It's something-wood.
8. It's a dragon.
9. I can't remember the name.
1. "Once upon a time ..."? I don't know.
3. Is Gandalf a dwarf?
5. Is it that Gollum character?
6. The haunted forest.
7. Wait, I might know this one ... Riverdell? No, Rivendell.
8. The spider?
9. A jeweled goblet.
10. I'll say five.
Conway nabs his second Head2Head Trivia win and will return next week to defend his title.
1. "In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit."
8. A dragon
9. The Arkenstone