After the shocking finale of last season's "Downton Abbey," we weren't sure whether we'd be back for the new season, but the show is a hard one to quit.
So, predictably, we were sitting in front of the television Sunday night for the premiere of Season 4. Mostly it was for Violet, Dowager Countess, one of the wittiest characters on TV played by the magical Maggie Smith.
Our current champ is Emily Kim, a student, who is going up against Caroline Peale, who does volunteer work.
1. What is the name, not the title, of the aristocratic family that lives at Downton Abbey?
2. Whose bequest to Matthew relieves the financial burden the earl faces after he loses Cora's money in a Ponzi scheme in Season 3?
3. Who is the cook at Downton?
4. What former member of the Downton staff does Sybil marry?
5. In Season Three, what is the annual game played between the males at Downton Abbey and a team from the village?
6. Who says the following quotation: "Vulgarity is no substitute for wit."
7. Who says the following quotation: "I've never been called a liberal in my life, and I don't intend to start now!"
8. At the end of last season, who does Dr. Clarkson propose to?
9. Name one of two major characters who died in Season Three.
10. In the first episode of Season 4, whose sudden disappearance has all the employees downstairs talking?
1. It's Crawley.
2. Not sure. A business partner?
3. Oh, I can't remember her name, but she's always bossing around the kitchen maid.
4. Sybil's the youngest daughter, right? I think she runs off with the driver.
5. I didn't see this episode, but was it rugby?
6. I'm guessing the Dowager Countess.
7. The earl?
8. Matthew's mother.
10. I haven't seen it yet.
1. Their name is Crawley.
2. It was his former fiance's father. I'm not sure of his name, but hers was Lavinia.
3. I love Mrs. Patmore. After the Dowager, she has the best lines.
4. Branson. He was the chauffeur.
5. It's a cricket match.
6. I remember Violet saying that to one of her granddaughters.
7. I'm not 100 percent sure, but it could be Carson.
8. Mrs. Crawley.
9. Matthew. So wrong to kill him off.
10. Cora's favorite, Ms. O'Brien, who's off to India.
We have a new Head2Head trivia champ as Caroline proved she's a "Downton Abbey" fan with a perfect score. She'll return next week to take on a new challenger.
2. Lavinia's father, Reginald "Reggie" Swire
3. Mrs. Patmore
4. Tom Branson, the chauffeur
6. Violet, Dowager Countess
7. Carson, the butler
8. Mrs. Crawley, Matthew's mother
9. Sybil and Matthew
Notice about comments:
The Post and Courier is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point.