We're taking a break this week between local events - the BB&T Charleston Wine + Food Festival was last weekend and Baker Motor Company Charleston Fashion Week starts Tuesday - to focus on one of our favorite director's latest releases.
Last Friday, Wes Anderson's most recent movie, "The Grand Budapest Hotel," opened in limited release to positive reviews and much enthusiasm from his many fans. (The film is scheduled to open locally next week.)
In a nod to Anderson, this week's Head2Head Trivia explores his unique world.
Our current champ, Christine Henderson, is going up against Lucy Jones, a New Jersey resident who was in Charleston briefly during spring break.
1. What is the name of the island in "Moonrise Kingdom"?
2. Who co-wrote "Bottle Rocket," "Rushmore" and "The Royal Tenenbaums" with Anderson?
3. What is the name of the play staged by Max Fischer at the end of "Rushmore"?
4. What classical composer is featured in "Moonrise Kingdom"?
5. "You wanna talk some jive? Because I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard." Name the movie.
6. "I love you, too, but I'm gonna mace you in the face!" What's the movie?
7. What kind of creature is Steve Zissou and his crew in search of in "The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou"?
8. "My top schools where I want to apply to are Oxford and the Sorbonne. My safety's Harvard." What's the movie?
9. What is the name of the sports game the characters play in "Fantastic Mr. Fox?"
10. Which actor has appeared in every Wes Anderson movie except "Bottle Rocket"?
2. I have no idea.
3. I'll say "Hamlet."
4. How about Mozart?
5. This is just a guess, but "Darjeeling Limited"?
6. I'm almost out of guesses. "Moonrise Kingdom."
7. A giant squid.
8. Could it be the "Rushmore" movie?
9. Oh, I actually saw this movie, but I don't remember the game so ... croquet.
10. I know Bill Murray was in the last one, which is my answer.
1. I think it was New Provid-ence maybe. Definitely New something.
2. Might be Owen Wilson since he's in them.
3. (Groans) I saw this so long ago, I only vaguely remember it.
4. Benjamin Britten. I have the soundtrack.
5. (Laughs) That's funny. It might be "Bottle Rocket"?
6. "Royal Tenenbaums," but I'm not 100 percent.
7. Um, it was the jaguar shark.
8. This has to be Max in "Rushmore."
9. Whack something. Racket? No, it's whack-bat.
10. Bill Murray. Definitely.
In what turned out to be a tough topic for the two contestants, Lucy came out as our new Head2Head Trivia champ. She'll defend her title next week against a new opponent.
1. New Penzance
2. Owen Wilson
3. "Heaven and Hell"
4. Benjamin Britten
5. "The Royal Tenenbaums"
6. "The Darjeeling Limited"
7. Jaguar shark
10. Bill Murray
Notice about comments:
The Post and Courier is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point.