It's hard to believe that it's been 20 years since Kurt Cobain died (April 5).
His band Nirvana, and grunge in general, shook up the music scene in the early 1990s and put Seattle on the music map.
This year, on April 10, Nirvana will be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in the first year of eligibility.
With so much to honor, let's find out how well our contestants know grunge.
Current champ Gil Chapin, a stockbroker, is taking on retail associate Tara O'Neil.
1. Which member of Nirvana went on to be the lead singer of The Foo Fighters?
2. What album did Hole release in 1994?
3. What band had the single "Black Hole Sun"?
4. Which of the following musicians did not appear in the 1992 movie "Singles": Kurt Cobain, Eddie Vedder, Chris Cornell or Jerry Cantrell?
5. Which grunge band fought a battle with Ticketmaster over ticket fees for their 1994 tour?
6. Temple of the Dog, made up of members of Soundgarden and Pearl Jam, was formed as a tribute to Andrew Wood who was in what early grunge band?
7. What was the name of Nirvana's first album?
8. Name the Nirvana song: "I wish I was like you easily amused. Find my nest of salt everything's my fault."
9. Which Pearl Jam album went platinum 14 times, making it the biggest seller of the Seattle grunge bands?
10. What was Nirvana's first No. 1 single?
1. The drummer, Dave Grohl.
2. I'm stumped.
4. I'm guessing Cobain.
5. Pearl Jam.
6. I don't know this.
7. The only one I can think of is "Nevermind."
9. Maybe "Vs."?
10. "Come as You Are"
1. Dave Grohl
2. Oh, dang, what was that album called. It came out right after Kurt died.
3. That's Soundgarden.
4. I don't think Kurt Cobain was in that movie.
5. Sounds like Pearl Jam.
6. I'm pretty sure I don't know this.
7. "Nevermind"? ... I don't think that's right.
8. Oh I can hear that tune in my head. "All Apologies."
9. The one with "Jeremy."
10. I think it's "Smells Like Teen Spirit."
Head2Head has a new trivia champ as Tara's knowledge of grunge was slightly more than Gil's. She'll be back next week to face a new challenger.
1. Dave Grohl
2. "Live Through This"
4. Kurt Cobain
5. Pearl Jam
6. Mother Love Bone
8. "All Apologies"
10. "Smells Like Teen Spirit"
Notice about comments:
The Post and Courier is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point.