July is National Ice Cream Month, and with it being the end of the month already, we have a lot of catching up to do.
Current trivia champ Dana Rutheimer is being challenged by Taylor Pratt, who's spending her summer baby-sitting.
1. When was the ice cream cone invented?
2. What U.S. president first served ice cream at an inaugural ball?
3. What is the best-selling flavor of all time?
4. What was the first company to sell chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream?
5. What type of spoon do professional ice cream testers use to taste product because it leaves virtually no trace of flavor from what was on it before?
6. What popular beverage was originally created as a syrup intended as an ice cream topping?
7. "I'm your ice cream man, stop me when I'm passing by. They say all my flavors are guaranteed to satisfy." What is the name of the band who sings that song?
8. Along with vanilla and chocolate, what was the third flavor that Haagen-Dazs debuted with?
9. In what classic film does a young George Bailey serve Mary a scoop of chocolate ice cream?
10. Traditionally, Neapolitan ice cream was meant to resemble which country's flag?
1. This is clearly just a guess, but 1913.
2. James Madison. I think it was his wife's idea; that's the story anyway.
3. It's probably vanilla.
4. Ben & Jerry's
5. Like what type of metal? Gold?
6. Now this one has me stumped.
7. The lyrics sound familiar, but I can't pull it up.
9. George Bailey as in "It's a Wonderful Life"?
1. No clue. 1867.
2. George Washington
3. Vanilla. So boring.
4. Ben & Jerry's?
6. Chocolate milk
7. No clue.
9. No clue.
Dana has an official streak going as she hangs onto her title as Head2Head Trivia champ. We'll see if she can continue the streak when she returns next week.
2. James Madison
4. Ben & Jerry's
6. Hawaiian Punch
7. Van Halen
9. "It's a Wonderful Life"